We guarantee to:
- Provide healthy bulbs and plants, in the sizes promised (or larger)
- Ship plants that are true-to-name
- Deliver to you at the right time for planting in your region
- Label your items clearly so you know what's what
- Sell products that have been grown commercially, not collected from the wild
- Never substitute without your permission
Please open packages and review your items promptly. If there's an issue with anything you received contact us within 7 days so we can address the situation right away. Plants, dormant or actively growing, are perishable. Please open your box right away.
Occasionally items do not grow true-to-name and this can't be seen until the plant flowers. To investigate what happened, we'll ask for photos. Being able to identify the variety actually shipped often helps us track down where the mix-up occurred (in our facility or at the grower's) so we can work to tighten up processes. Please contact us within the season the plant was purchased so we can address the situation promptly.
Likewise, if you have a concern about quality upon receipt, we'll ask you to share a photo or two so we can see what you are seeing.
If there's an error with your order, you believe we failed to deliver the plants that should have been in the package or the shipping company was rough with your box, please contact us within 7 days of receipt. We’ll ask you to share photos, so we can see what you are seeing. Please don't plant or discard any plants/bulbs/tubers of concern before connecting with us.
In such cases, our policy is to:
- Replace with the correct variety promptly, if stock is available.
- If the variety ordered is sold out/unavailable for the season, we will replace when the variety is back in stock.
- If future-season stock availability for replacements is uncertain, we'll issue a store credit.
- For a potted plant, such as an amaryllis, we'll replace the mislabeled bulb.
- Claims for large or bulk orders are handled on an individual basis.
The Special Nature of Plants
Plants are living things. Fascinating, beautiful and rewarding to grow. And they require a bit more attention than non-living purchases like the red sweater that can be tossed over a chair until you want to wear it again.
To boost your gardening success, we provide:
- Detailed planting guides with tips and insider recommendations
- Cultural information to support good choices for your part of the country and your own garden space
- Rich photography to help you envision options
- Suggestions for combinations and uses
- Info on special considerations for specific plants
- "Leafari grown and recommended" notes for plants that have performed well in our own test gardens
And, there are some things that fall outside our control.
Leafari cannot accept responsibility for disappointing results caused by bad weather, planting outside recommended growing zones, improper storage, delayed planting, predation, or cultural/care issues. To support good plant choices for your region, zone info is provided for each plant and explained here, with both national and state maps: Growing Zone Information. Detailed planting information can be found here: Planting Guides.
If you have questions or concerns, please contact us promptly so we can review the situation with you and help troubleshoot.
In the rare case where customer feedback alerts us to an issue with a variety for a given season, we will manage replacements or credits on a case by case basis. Please contact us so we can sort this out.