We guarantee to:
- Provide healthy bulbs and plants, in the sizes promised (or larger)
- Ship plants that are true-to-name
- Deliver to you at the right time for planting in your region
- Label your items clearly so you know what's what
- Sell commercially grown, not wild collected, plants
- Never substitute without your permission
Please open packages and review your items promptly. If there's an issue with anything you received contact us within 7 days so we can address the situation right away. Plants, dormant or actively growing, are perishable.
If there's an error with your order or the shipping company was rough with your box, please contact us within 7 days of receipt. Should there be damage we’ll ask that you share photos, so we can see what you are seeing. Please don't plant or discard any plants, bulbs or tubers before connecting with us.
Occasionally items do not grow true-to-name and this can't be seen until the plant flowers. To investigate what happened, we'll ask for photos. (Being able to identify the variety actually shipped helps track down where the mix-up occurred - in our facility or at the grower's - to limit future occurrences.) To address true-to-name issues, we need to hear from you during the growing season for which the plant was purchased.
In such cases, our policy is to:
- Replace with the correct variety promptly, if stock is available.
- If the variety ordered is sold out/unavailable for the season, we will issue a store credit.
- For a potted plant, such as an amaryllis, we'll replace (if available) or issue a credit for the mislabeled bulb.
- Any claims for large or bulk orders are handled on an individual basis.
The Special Nature of Plants
Plants are living things. Fascinating, beautiful and rewarding to grow. And they require a bit more attention than non-living purchases like the red sweater that can be tossed over a chair until you want to wear it again.
To boost your gardening success, we provide:
- Detailed planting guides with tips and insider recommendations
- Cultural information to support good choices for your part of the country and your own garden space
- Rich photography to help you envision options
- Suggestions for combinations and uses
- Info on special considerations for specific plants
- "Leafari grown and recommended" notes for plants that have performed well in our own trial gardens
And, there are some things that fall outside our control . . .
Leafari cannot assume responsibility for disappointing results caused by bad weather, delayed planting, improper storage, planting outside recommended growing zones, predation or cultural/care issues.
To support good plant choices for your region, zone info is provided for each plant and explained here, with both national and state maps: Growing Zone Information. Detailed planting information and success tips can be found here: Planting Guide Library.
If you have questions or concerns, please contact us. We're happy to review your situation and help troubleshoot.