Growing Great Dahlias - Insider Info and Success Tips
Are you growing dahlias for the first time this season? Or just looking for tips to improve your success? Below are links to some of our favorite guides, videos and useful tidbits to help you show the neighborhood how it's done!
- Dahlia Planting Guide - Here's where you'll find everything needed to get your dahlias planted and off to a good start.
- Single Tubers vs. Tuber Clumps - Learn why are there two different approaches and which is better.
- Preparing Dahlia Clumps for Planting - Dahlia clumps, i.e last year's roots, often include some non-viable tubers. We hand trim most of these off in-house for you, prior to shipping. This short video shows you how to trim a clump if you're carrying dahlias over from last season.
- Dahlia Eyes - You may have heard references to "eyes" on a tuber or clump. Go here to learn what to look for and where.
- Growing Dahlias in the Heat - Dahlias are fine with hot days, but prefer cooler nights. Here are some tips for growing dahlias in hot regions, starting with selecting the right varieties.
- Storing Dahlias for the Winter - Save your dahlias at the end of the growing season, for next year. This video shows you how to dig, trim and store those valuable tubers and provides hands-on tips for success.